Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I Know Just The ’Help’ He Needs…

Speaking about the case involving Williams, Judge Michael Mettyear said: "There was a chilling moment when she (the victim) mentioned Deepcut and we know what's gone on there with people withholding information and suicides.
"I'm worried if there is something in the culture of the Army and people training in the Army to keep their mouths shut.
"I'm really concerned about five students declining to give statements. It looks as though it has been directed by someone.
"I don't want to blame them because what we have found in the case with this girl is someone in there actually telling them it might interfere with their careers, and it's hardly surprising. I'm worried about the wider implications with all the problems at Deepcut."
Oh. OK. So we won’t blame them for not wishing to report a crime (I mean, bullying and harassment is a crime now, right?).

Shall we at least blame the offender?
Deferring sentence for reports, Judge Metttyear ordered Williams to sign the sex offenders register for the attack on the girl. However, the judge said he was not expecting to send him to jail.
Judge Mettyear said Williams had "learnt a lot of lessons" but expressed concern over his attitude towards women.
The judge said: "I'm worried he has an attitude problem with women and maybe some sort of help is needed for him. These are not sexual offences for sexual gratification – this was bullying and the desire to get attention."
Oh, right. Poor lamb. I guess we can’t blame him either, really. He’s a ‘victim’ too.

I guess we’ll just have to blame… the Armed Services? Really?

No comments:

Post a Comment