Tuesday, December 11, 2012

If It's Not Your Job, Whose Is It?

Croydon Council chief executive Jon Rouse has come under fire for suggesting it was not his job to be scrutinised by the press as he asked for journalists to leave a community meeting.
Journalists were last night told to leave the meeting in West Croydon after Mr Rouse, said he felt "uncomfortable" with their presence.
I guess nearly £250k a year doesn't buy much these days:
Mr Rouse, whose renumeration to run the council last year was £248,362 including pension contributions, told the meeting after his arrival: "I just feel uncomfortable about this situation. It's not appropriate for an officer to be placed in this position. It is going to be a very different meeting if the press are here.
"It is not my job to place myself in a position in which I have to defend council policy and have my words scrutinised and reported on by the press. That is the place of our democratically elected politicians."
Hey, nothing to hide, nothing to fear, eh Mr Rouse?

No comments:

Post a Comment